Pages


Saturday, September 5, 2009

$3.41

A couple of weeks ago I was working at the grocery store. The store is having a remodel done to it so there are many construction workers in and out all the time. One man in particular was checking out through self check and he was nine cents short on buying a snickers bar. I figured it was nine cents, not really a big deal, and it's nice to have hunger satisfied/cravings satisfied once in a while so I picked up the nine cents for him.

Later I found I was quite hungry myself. I grabbed a ham salad sandwich and an orange soda. My total comes to $3.41. Well, I'm digging through my apron pockets and I have $3.31. The one was the penny left from the dime I used to pick up the nine cents for the man's snickers bar... I keep digging through my pockets and finally my finger reaches a cold metal piece... I pull it out hoping for the best, and lo and behold, it is a dime! :-) I had exactly enough to buy what I wanted.

Maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal. I felt it was special though b/c I knew that the construction guy didn't need the snickers, but it's nice to help out if you can... and I knew I didn't have to have both things I wanted... but it just so worked out that I had what I needed/wanted and exactly enough to help that man. I felt God at work, and it was good. :-)

No comments: