Pages


Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday and 4 of 52!

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Today is the first time I'm participating in Sonya's Thankful Thursday over at Truth for the Journey

I am thankful for SO much, but right now the following is what is specifically on my mind!

1.  I am thankful that Kheaven's cirumcision went well today.  I was so nervous about it and I am so grateful it is done and there were no complications.

2.  I am thankful for my family doctor.  I have been reading the book "Gifts" for the past couple of weeks, and their are so many families who find out about their child's diagnosis of down syndrome in a less than desirable manner.  I am very lucky to have the doctor I do.  He was very compassionate while telling me of Kheaven's DS markers, and he was very positive when the outcome came back that K does have DS.  I feel so very blessed because of the way he has reacted to it all, especially reading about how a lot of others were treated when they found out.

3.  I am sooo thankful that I have family coming to visit tomorrow!  and yet more family coming in a little over a week.  :-D

4.  I am thankful for all the new friends I have been making...  online, offline, everywhere!  I am thankful there are people in the world I can relate to on all sorts of different levels.  I am thankful I have the chance to meet and interact with these people.  This week I am especially grateful for the friends I have made who are specifically my age and who are in similar places in their lives.  :-D  Yay!

5.  I am always thankful for the life I have with my children.  The other night while Kheaven was asleep I had the chance to wrap my arms around both Austin and Nayeli as we cuddled and watched the Santa Clause.  I am thankful that my children are so cuddly and lovey, and I am thankful they have a long enough attention span to let me hold them for almost an hour.  ;-)  They're all so wonderful! 




Forever In Blue Jeans

One more thing I'm thankful for...

It's really too bad that it's sooo apparent how much I'm lacking sleep.
Actually, it's how much I look like I'm lacking sleep. 
Kheaven's only been waking up twice a night for the past few days! 
Hallelujah!

9 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Precious pictures. You do have so much to be thankful for. Have fun when your family comes to visit.

Carin said...

Beautiful pictures. I enjoyed your list of what you are thankful for. I'm thankful for your positive attitude..... it is contagious. Thank YOU for that!

Believe Achieve - Hugo and Roxanne said...

Hello Amy,

I love the idea of Thankful Thursdays. There's always so much to be thankful for, and to dedicate one specific day of the week to truly reflect on our Thankfulness is great for the soul.

Since the day our first baby was born, I knew that being a Mommy was surely the ultimate gift. Your babies are beautiful and I can see that they bring you endless joy. You're a beautiful Mommy, too!

I wanted to thank you for your nice comment on our recent post about our daughter, Mia. We commented back and would love for you to read it, so be sure to visit soon.

Keep up the positive spirit. Talk to you soon.

Many Blessings....

Roxanne
Believe Achieve

More Than Words said...

I love that picture of you and your baby!!

I'm so thankful that my little ones still like to cuddle, too!

Have a great time with your family! How fun!

Far Above Rubies said...

Congratulations on your new arrival. We celebrate with you. ds.mama is spreading the word.

God bless,

Windmills and Tulips

Rachel said...

Glad to see you joining Thankful Thursdays!

(And I'm thankful that you include pictures of your beautiful family in almost every post! :)

And I'm sorry you guys have been under the weather - hoping we are all better soon!

jen@odbt said...

Cute pic of you and your little one. I remember those nights well...just know that while it seems like you'll never a full night's sleep again, you will. Enjoy his newborn phase.

Foursons said...

I think you look beautiful and I love how God has given you such a thankful heart after such a devastating diagnosis. What a turn-a-round from a few posts ago. PTL!

Heather G. said...

I just wanted to add to your thankful list. I have been thankful to have your family as patients. Telling you that Kheaven had down syndrome is still one of the hardest things I have had to do in my career, even harder than telling family's they have lost a loved one. It took me about 15 minutes to get the courage to tell you. Caring for Kheaven and your family has been such a joy. He is a blessing for you guys. Good luck with your "gang". Dr G.