Pages


Thursday, January 15, 2009

What We're Up To

Jeremy is back in school. He's taking a four credit Earth Science class. Our work schedules have changed slightly for the time being, but it's nothing we can't handle. :) The kids are doing well. Nayeli has been climbing the stairs lately. We're always close by to watch, so no big accidents yet... Hopefully there won't ever be!

I think we've gotten the last of our late Christmas presents. It was fun having Christmas stretch a month because of packages coming in at all different times. :) We all like what we got very much! :)

Austin is still very interested in his "Hooked On Spanish" DVD rom game and workbooks. He's only got one lesson to go until he's finished it, and he reviews the old lessons every day, so I think I need to get the next couple. He has picked up on his spanish colors wonderfully. Also, he can count to five in spanish with no troubles. We're working on five to ten in spanish and english. :-S Nayeli, the other day said "Uno!" and I said "dos," then, to my surprise, she said what sounded like "tres." I was impressed. I have no witnesses though, so I'm waiting for her to do it again. It also seems like she has started saying what sounds like "Autin," when looking at Austin, or pictures of Austin. She's not walking yet, but she stands a lot, and pushes around her little cart. She can aslo walk by my side if I'm holding her hand.

I put in a lot of hours, for me, at work this week. By the end of the week it will be just about 30 hours. I get to do a bunch of different things around the store though, so it doesn't get boring! :) I like that. I'm still keeping my eyes open for something with a little more pay, that I could possibly do full time.

We finally took down the Christmas tree, and other decorations. We still have the lights on the stairway up. I'm not sure when I'll take them down. They're so pretty and they make a great night light so I don't bump into things when I'm getting up for work early in the morning. ;-)

Last Thursday we met a nice little family at the park with a son who is just one month apart from Austin in age. His name is Kahlil and his mother and I exchanged phone numbers. It's gotten pretty cold here, just like pretty much everywhere else in the country, so we'll probably just get together at the playground in the mall. Austin loves having kids his own age to play with.

So, other plans for the year... In March grandpa and grandma Green are coming to visit. End of May/June I have plans to be in WI(and hopefully IL and OH as well.) And I hope some time I can go and see Jeremy's home town. :)

That's all for now! Hope everyone is keeping warm!! :-D

No comments: