Pages


Saturday, February 14, 2009

What 2009 Has Brought For Austi

I am happy to say that after four years :-S of being in diapers, Austin is finally potty trained, wearing his undies to bed and all. We've been tracking his success with stickers on the calendar and he has had very few slip ups since we started. :-D

Our weather has been all over the place lately and the past few days it decided to be freezing. We haven't made it outside to play in a little while. Just before the cold came we were out back with Austin's light saber bubble wand. The wind did most of the work for us and Austin got to chase GIANT bubbles. :-D We had lots of fun with that.

I've noticed that Austin really likes to watch special features. I've always been more into the movies myself, but watching the special features on a dvd disc gives Austin the option to choose what he wants to see and push a button to get to it. (We use an x-box360 as our dvd player) In a way he thinks he's getting to play games. It's pretty cute. Well, the other day I mentioned to Jeremy how Austin really likes the special features and Austin chimed in and said, "I like special features. They show you EVERYthing!" I guess it wasn't just that he thinks he's playing games, he likes to know everything. ;-)

Other than all that there's the normal sibling rivalry. Whenever Nayeli gets something, even if Austin gets something the same but a different color, he wants what Nayeli has. :-S It drives me a little batty, but hopefully he'll grow out of it, or I'll just get smart and give them eachothers presents and let them trade. :-P

No comments: