Pages


Thursday, February 19, 2009

Waiting for Spring

Not too much going on that I haven't written about in the kids individual blogs. For a couple weeks Jeremy and I were pretty busy with work and his schooling, and then it sorta died down. Neither of us is getting very many hours right now, we barely make 40/week as a couple. We're both looking for second jobs, trying to figure out how we can work around each other's schedules.

The nice thing about fewer hours is that there is more family time. This morning the kids and I went on a little hike. It was beautiful out. Not too cold, but enough so there was a bit of sparkly frost on the ground. I took some pictures with my phone, but have to go to Walmart to get them off. :-S We played some soccer and rolled the ball back and forth for a while. Then we explored some uncharted territory in our backyard and started to walk around the soccer field that's next to our backyard. That started to be a lonnnng walk so we decided to cut through it and head over to the park.

Austin played mostly on the merry-go-round and with the sand, building castles for us to live in. Nayeli sat and wobbled in her snowsuit and I mostly talked to my grammy, while occasionally letting Austin push me on the merry-go-round. Nayeli liked to see me spin and giggled while I did it. Nayeli started to get fussy cuz of the cold so we headed back home for a snack. It was an adventure!

My birthday is this Saturday, I'm gonna be 24! I'm just hoping for ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. I work early that morning, but am free the rest of the day after that.

I'm really excited about a couple of trips I'll be taking with the kids this spring and summer. I will write more about those as and after they come. Hopefully I manage alright with two little ones. The only longer trip I've taken with the two of them was coming down to Kansas on the Amtrak... and Nayeli was a lot less wiggly then. More adventures I guess. ;-)

No comments: